Monday, November 9, 2009

How To Set Up Security Password for Edimax Router

Just an addendum to my previous post. My connection is PLDT My DSL, if you must know, but this will work even for non-PLDT MyDsl subscribers.


How To set up a Security Password to your Edimax Router

1. To configure your wireless security, pull up an Internet Explorer.

2. Type in 192.168.2.1 (this is your Edimax router's GUI) in the address bar (this is where you type in a website address on your Internet Explorer).

Hit Enter.

3. A dialog box will appear prompting you for the User Name and Password. For User name, type in ‘admin’. For Password, type in‘1234'.

Click on the ‘OK’ button.

3. The router's GUI will pull up.

4. Click on General Set Up*. Then click on Wireless.

5. Then a page will open where you will given several choices (Basic Settings, Security Settings, MAC Address Filtering. .).

Click on the Security Settings radio button. Then click on Next.




On the next step, choose the following:

1. Encription: WPA - PSK or WPA Pre Shared Key

2. WPA Unicast Cipher Suite: Click on WPA (TKIP)

3. Pre-shared Key Format (This is how long your intended password should be) :

-Choose Passphrase - for 8 characters-long passwords
- Choose Hex - for passwords up to 64 characters long.

4. Pre-Shared Key: Enter your intended password

This is the password that you have set to wirelessly connect to the router.
You should now be able to connect to the Edimax router wirelessly.


*If you can't find General Set Up in your Edimax router's GUI version, just look for the Wireless menu, and it should also take you there.


Had a bit of a hard time configuring the router, so I thought I should spare you the sweat, tears and toil.

Now put down that hammer before you hurt somebody. :-)


6 comments:

  1. I got a question. If no one replies or reads your blog entries. Does that mean your just blabbing into thin air

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.

    I don't think so. I am writing because I love writing itself. I don't give a rat's ass if nobody reads (heck, even likes.) what I write, let alone comment.

    It's their loss.
    (insert maniacal laugh here)


    Write because you want to. Write for yourself.
    You can't lose either way.


    Thanks much.

    ZBT

    ReplyDelete
  3. 谢谢您 - thank you (meaning)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post. It helped me blocked unauthorized and ungrateful neighbors from accessing my wireless internet connection.

    MORE POWER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pleasure to find such a good artical! please keep update!!........................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you/ you helped me very much

    tamar

    ReplyDelete